Misunderstood Slytherin

So, I'm a Slytherin.


I never knew that I was a Slytherin before because, I'm sorry but, I've misunderstood Slytherin.

At first, I would always love to be sorted into Gryffindor. I was ambitious therefore I was brave. I was a go-getter and I wasn't afraid of anything when I was passionate about something. I had many dreams and my passion for them was so big. I was burning so hot like a fire. I wasn't afraid to roar like a lion, my favorite animal, to pursue my passion. I always thought that I was a Gryffindor.

I'm also soft-hearted, especially when I was younger, which made me thought that I was a Hufflepuff.  I was so sympathetic to people that I could feel what they felt. I was easily sad about other people's pain. I cared about people on a personal level. I was a loyalist, well kinda, especially to people who needed me. I wanted to be always needed by people. I loved to be recognized by them and would help them who did at all cost. I also really hurt when I was excluded by society. I was so concerned about my self-image towards others. I also loved to work and very determined to finish it before taking a rest.

Heck, I was famous for being the smart kid, which was so Ravenclaw. I was intelligent. I always got good grades and always aimed for ranking 1 in class, if not in every subject. People always saw me as a nerd who loved reading books, asking in the class, which in fact I was just so curious about several things. I always loved learning things that I loved and I always wanted to be the best. I always was, most of the time.

But, I just realized (thanks to Pottermore), that I'm a Slytherin all along. I, like all Slytherins, am ambitious, goal-oriented, a strategist, single-minded, shrewd, concerns about self-image and quite self-preserving.

I'm ambitious when it's about my future. I'm quite a strategist, which is so Slytherin, that I like to plan EVERYTHING. I mostly like to plan my long-term future, like what will be my job, how will I get there, what will be the obstacles, what to expect, etc. I'm NOT always ambitious and competitive. Simply winning is not my goal, achieving my goals is my goal, and I love to stick to it.

I'm goal-oriented. For me, the process doesn't matter if you can't give a good output. People can only judge the output, not your experience. For me, not being goal-oriented is just an excuse to lose. It's lame. See, I'm also so shrewd! I'm judging on a daily basis. It's just something natural that I do. I don't always judge negatively tho.

I always see myself as a weak person. I feel like I'm bad at everything therefore I try hard to improve myself in any given chance. I wanna look good! My dream would be born as a likable and trusted person. I also love to be seen as a down-to-earth person, especially in a way to wear my outfit. Being looked as "high-class" isn't so flexible and tiring. I'm so self-conscious about myself. That's killing me, by the way.

Last, I'm so self-preserving. So SO much self-preserving. I'm afraid that people will hurt me. I can't trust people. Even today, I still have this bad trust issue. I'm so sensitive in the rejection of other people and I always try to be aware of it. Combined with my shrewdness, I tend to think negatively to people. This is actually my 'anti-Hufflepuff' trait. But as I always see myself as weak, I become so dependent therefore I always clingy to people around me. That makes me so attached to people that I trust.

Being goal-oriented used to make me confused myself as a Gryffindor, being shrewd as a Ravenclaw, and being dependent as Hufflepuff. In addition, I'm not "evil" cunning, I don't like to be a leader, not a problem fixer, and don't really appreciate fraternity. But NO, I'm a Slytherin.

I'm a Slytherin who isn't easily afraid about things, good in class, a deep-thinker, empathetic, loyal, and genuine. I'm also traditional, pragmatism, kind of cold, intimidating, mysterious, self-righteous, opinionated, selective in loyalty, and stick to my own way. Ohh, I also talk like a Slytherin. Very rude actually, haha!


I value goal and pride.

I'm a Slytherin.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Makna Dibalik Kata-Kata yang Disensor Saat Marah (18+)