Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2 [MOVIE REVIEW]

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 (2017)
Director: James Gunn
Casts: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.2 (GGV2) has been out! Have you guys seen it?? Today I'm gonna review it but first of all, let me tell you few things that can affect my opinions on this movie. To be honest I'm not a fan of the first Guardians of the Galaxy's first movie. But that time I couldn't even enjoy any superhero movies at all because currently that wasn't my type of movie. When I watched GGV2 yesterday, I've watched and enjoyed almost every Marvel movies. I'm a type of person who likes light comedy shows, but I hate action and sci-fi, and sometimes I prefer a heavy thoughtful movie that has artistic value to a cliche holywood movie. For the last, I watched this in a pretty high-quality theatre and it gave me a good vibe. Now let's just review the movie!
One word for this movie: SATISFYING! It has a good script and well executed. The opening scene introduces the audience its unique characters and art style that will accompany the audiences during the movie effectively. GGV2 tells a story about Star-Lord who finds his father who reveals his hidden power he never knows before. Meanwhile Rocket Raccoon is trapped with the rebellion of Yondu's ship crews. They're also being chased by the army of planet Sovereign after stealing something valuable from them. This movie is all about father-son relationship and family-like friendship. It's a good premise, nice plot, some parts are relatively too long (especially the war scene), but overall it's enjoyable. The movie is not that light but it's still easy to follow.

One of the most interesting aspect in this movie is its characters. People say that guardians of galaxy is basically a space avenger. No, they're not. Sure both of the groups argue a lot and have kinda similiar personalities, but in GGV2 we can see more family vibe between them. It's not a group that only meets for serious bussiness purpose. There we can see Peter and Rocket are like 2 childish brothers who like to fight each other, Peter-Gamora unspoken romantic ship, another sibling ship between Gamora and Nebula, and the adorable baby Groot they all need to take care of. Drax probably is the funniest character here because it has so many funny lines that effectively served. All characters are bad-ass and perfectly casted, included Yondu the previous antagonist from GGV1. But my favourite character is this side character named Mantis. She is pure-hearted and that's so lovable! It's interesting to see her besides Gamora with her gorgeousity and Nebula's boyishness. Also I'm kinda highkey her with Drax hehe >.<

With smartly-served dumb jokes, beautiful visual and good old soundtracks that perfectly put along the movie, GGV2 will surely entertain their audience. It's a perfect comedy superhero movie for this century. I like it! It's 8/10 from me, same rate with what IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes give. If you simply miss a simple movie with high quality standard, then you really need to watch this movie! :)

RATING: 8 out of 10

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Makna Dibalik Kata-Kata yang Disensor Saat Marah (18+)