Appointment in Samarra: The Story of Death

W. Somerset Maugham retold an ancient Mesopotamian tale which is also retold by Sherlock season 4 episode 1. Here I'm trying to 'retell' it again. Enjoy!

A merchant in Baghdad sent his servant to the marketplace. Soon afterward, the servant came back pale and trembling. He said he saw Death there made a threatening gesture.

Borrowing the merchant's horse, the servant fled faraway to a city called Samarra where he believed Death couldn't find him.

The merchant then went to the marketplace and found Death. Then he asked Death about his servant. "I was not making a threatening gesture when your servant saw me,"Death said,"It was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra."

{Source: Wikipedia}

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Makna Dibalik Kata-Kata yang Disensor Saat Marah (18+)