9 Gotham Characters That I Hate

I love Gotham!
Gotham is a TV show on FOX about the city where Batman was born. It told the situation of where Bruce Wayne was growing up, which a city of any kind of criminals with broken moralities.

I love most of the characters but, personally, there are some of them that I don't like. Here's just the list of who they are. Check it out!
((SPOILER ALERT))


1. Hugo Strange
I never like this guy since his first appearance. Doctor Hugo Strange was the head doctor of Arkham Asylum who secretly had science experiments on his patients. I don't like when he appears on screen because I don't think he has any strength in anyways. He's not intimidating. I feel like he's just a plot device so we can get more monsters on Gotham. In season 2, I think his main role is to revive Theo Galavan so he could become a super strong masked warrior named Azrael. Also, Hugo Strange would be the reason for the chaotic monsters release in the next season. That's just his role. He's not the villain of Gotham. He's just an annoying insignificant troublemaker. I thought that since he was a psychiatrist so I would like him but I don't. He's just annoying. He brings so many problems to our heroes and anti-heroes.

2. Theo Galavan
Nobody cares with Theo Galavan.
He's supposed to be the main villain of Bruce Wayne in season 3. Theo Galavan is the son of Galavan royal family who has the ambition to take over Gotham and Wayne's family power on it. He later became Azrael, a brain-washed masked knight who had super strength and parkour ability. Theo is trying to be intimidating, cunning, and charismatic but I can't see it. I'm not scared of him. I think it's because his motivation is to avenge his family name that I can't really relate. He doesn't have an inner motivation. Mostly just a puppet who wants to show off his ability to manipulate people around them. It's not sympathetic like the other villains on Gotham and I don't like him.

3. Firefly
Her original name was Bridgit. Before she was brainwashed by Hugo Strange and becomes the Firefly. Bridgit used to be the "robin hood" who helped the woman from a prostitution place or something like that. She learned to be an arsonist from their step-brothers (I guess) who were the professional bomb makers. She was tortured by them until Selina Kyle aka Catwoman inspired her to be a more tough woman. But then, even after recovery from Hugo's brainwash, she gave up on kindness and became a bad-neutral arsonist in costume. For me, it's just not an appealing arc. She lost her soul at the end and we can't understand why she thinks it's better to become a villain. She used to be a fragile sweet girl tho. I like Bridgit but, what? Firefly? Even the name of her character sounds kinda stupid. I know most people hate Mr. Freeze but I think Firefly is worse. At least, we know that Mr. Freeze was really broken-hearted before he became an ice monster so we feel like we really lose him.

4. Ivy Pepper
Ivy is a weird character. She first showed up on season 1 as Selina's friend who liked flowers. Then she was affected by a poison or something (I forget) and "grew" as an older woman. This second Ivy was dumb and immature, which was a huge transformation from the first one. I hated it at first because of the continuity. But then, when I started to like her, they decided to "grow" her again into a mature lady who was just insanely in love with plants. I don't know. Because of those many transformations, we lose the identity of Ivy Pepper. We don't know her anymore except as a plant lady who can hypnotize the men. I don't just dislike her. I hate her because she's one of the popular characters on Gotham that we have seen from the very first season yet she became so irrelevant to the story. It's disappointing.

5. Lee Thompkins
I don't like Lee Thompkins because I ship Jim Gordon with Barbara Kean. I know their daughter will be Batwoman in the future and I'm so convinced with the chemistry between them. I hate it that I feel like it's not just Jim who gave up on Barbara, but also the show as well. I really wanna yell to the studio, "We need him to be with Barbara, not Lee!!!" 

6. Ra's Al Ghul
Who doesn't hate him? The guy who had infinity power yet hiding underground without any clear planning. He was so obsessed with Bruce for some reasons, I think that's why I hate him. Bruce is supposed to be an insignificant man who's just rich until he decides to put on a mask and becomes Batman. Bruce is special not because he was born special, but he chose to be. The fact that Ra's Al Ghul was obsessed with him even without really knowing him is bothering me. We can relate to Batman because we know, under his mask, Batman is just a guy like us who has a limit. Ra's Al Ghul ruins that for us.

7. Jarvis Tetch
Tetch is just dumb. And he acts like he's smart and cunning when actually he's just a weakling who has a dangerous superpower. This character is so dumb, not appealing and charismatic at all.

8. Sofia Falcone
Honestly, I just don't like a female character who plays with man's heart in general. I don't like her using Jim Gordon. We also love her father, Carmine Falcone so much with his charisma and convincing character, and Sofia just can't be compared with him. The mafia shouldn't be lead by a woman like her. She has no chance from the beginning, that's why I'm not interested in her.

9. Jeremiah Valeska

After all this time, I think Jeremiah feels like the imposter of Jerome. He's trying hard to be Jerome yet at the same time trying to be unique. When Gotham killed Jerome and raised Jeremiah, the "Joker" of Gotham become an ordinary evil mastermind with clown makeup. Nothing more. He acts crazy but we know he's not. He's just, what, affected by Jerome's gas poison? What's the fun in that? Where's the inner motivation? Why does he, again, obsessed with Bruce? I'm not buying it. At the time I'm writing this, Jeremiah fell into the acid tank. I really hope that he will turn really insane after that so he can leave the shadow of his brother, Jerome, and become another unique interpretation of Batman's Joker.

That's it for today. What do you think of the characters above? Do you hate them as much as I do? Tell me about it. See you on the next post..!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Makna Dibalik Kata-Kata yang Disensor Saat Marah (18+)